Global Young Academy (GYA) members convene in person once a year. The 2017 GYA 7th International Conference of Young Scientists and Annual General Meeting was held in Aviemore, Inverness-shire, Scotland, from 15 to 19 May 2017. The theme of the conference was “Social Justice in a Rapidly Changing World”. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the General Assembly for the entire GYA membership to elect the new Executive Committee and the Co-Chairs and discuss and decide on general policy issues. The Co-Chairs and Managing Director report about the past year and discuss plans for the year to come.
- Community Empowerment made Global: Shaping Shared Futures
Panel discussion organised in partnership with the Young Academy of Scotland
- Social Justice Panel discussion followed by an interactive World Café
- Time for working groups to meet and new groups to be formed, time to allow for ideas to flow more freely
- Time for GYA members to present their papers and to explore multifaceted links to the conference topic
- Buddy breakfast for the new GYA members
- Graduation of outgoing members
- Space to reflect on the current organisational development of GYA and to elect the new Executive Committee and Co-Chairs
- Additional activities include excursions to the Highland Folk Museum at Kingussie and to the Dalwhinnie whisky distillery
- On our final night together, we will celebrate with a gala dinner followed by a Ceilidh – a traditional Scottish gathering featuring music, dancing and frivolity
- Language diversity – all participants have the opportunity to promote their official language throughout the conference in the context of formal and informal activities
Participation is by invitation only!